Sunday, April 12, 2009

Soliloquy to a Broken Heart

I cry myself to sleep at night because I tell myself that I’m over you. I know that it’s not true. I will never stop loving you, ever. But everybody says it’s hopeless, regardless of what I think. Terror fills every ounce of my body at the thought of losing you and I shake at night with sobs over you. I suppose I have a distorted perception of what you should  say of do when we see each other next because I’ve seen it in my dreams so many times, but I know that it will be perfect, just because you are there. In drama class, when we have to recite a monologue about love, I always picture you and it puts me at ease. You are 400 miles away, yet able to make me feel this way. I don’t care if you never think about me or if you don’t lie awake at night the way I do. As long as you know who I am and know how I feel, I’m okay. Just don’t ever forget me and know that I will never give up. I tell myself that the reason food has no taste is because I’m stressed or that that’s why I can’t sleep, because of stress. But it’s you, it’s always you. It will always be you, no matter what. Because I love you. Unconditionally and irrevocably, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment