Thursday, April 16, 2009

What I Wanted To Say

I wanted to say:

“Logan, I know that we’re leaving tomorrow and my timing couldn’t be worse and that you are going to ask Jackie out when you see her next, but I wanted to let you know that I still really like you. Since Thanksgiving, at least. Before you say anything I want to say that I know that you are going to say that, ‘I live too far away; It would never work’ but that if you ever change your mind, I’m here. I’ve liked you for this long, so what’s a little longer?”{names have been changed!}

Then I would walk away before you could reject me and as I turned away you would grab my hand and spin me around and kiss me. The perfect kiss; not too passionate but also tender and romantic. Then we would stand there for a moment with out foreheads touching, me with a goofy, stunned and happy look on my face and you with a serene smile on yours.

“Athena, I’ve been waiting so long to do that, you have no idea”

Then the music starts playing and the credits roll.

Because unless you have a serious head injury and forget all the times that we’ve messed up, this will never happen.

I miss you.

Call me.

No comments:

Post a Comment